Located on Inns Quay, the Four Courts is Ireland’s main courts building since the first case was heard in November 1796. Housing the Supreme Court, The High Court and the Dublin Circuit Court, it is the epicentre of the Irish legal system.
During the 1916 Easter Rising it was used as the headquarters of Commandant Ned Daly and the first Battalion in the midst of some of the most intense fighting. Much of the building was destroyed during the Civil War in 1922 including the Irish Public Record Office, only reopening a decade later.
Open: Open year round. Check website for opening times.
Admission: Admission is free.
By Bus: Take bus numbers 25, 25a, 25b, 25x, 26, 37, 39, 39a, 51d or 145
By Luas (tram): Take the Luas Red Line to the Four Courts