Unveiled by President Patrick Hillery in 1990, the National Seamen’s memorial commemorates the Irish Seafarers lost while serving on Irish merchant ships during World War II (1939-1945).
Located on City Quay, there is an annual commemoration at the statue on the third Sunday of each November beginning with a religious ceremony in City Quay Parish and concluding with an evening singsong in St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
Open: Open year round.
By Bus: Take bus numbers 15a or 15b
By Luas (tram): Take the Luas Red Line to George’s Dock
By Dart (rail): Take the Dart to Tara Street