Situated on Dawson Street in Dublin, Mansion House has been the official residence of the Lord Mayor of Dublin for over 300 years. A rare surviving example of Queen Anne style architecture, the house was built by Joshua Dawson between 1705 and 1710.
The Mansion House features the “Round Room”, where the First Dáil assembled in 1919 to proclaim the Irish Declaration of Independence. Residence to over 345 Mayors of Dublin, Mansion House has been visited by Pope John Paul II, Queen Victoria and Nelson Mandela amongst many other notable figures.
Not open to the public.
By Bus: Take bus numbers 41x or 84x
By Luas (tram): Take the Luas Green Line to Dawson
By Dart (rail): Take the Dart to Pearse Station