The imposing complex of Government Buildings on Upper Merrion Street was undertaken by the British administration in Ireland. It was originally designed for two new government departments - the Local Government Board and the Department of Agriculture and Technical Instruction; as well as the Royal College of Science, then housed in 51 St. Stephens Green.
Fortuitously, the complex was completed in March 1922, and was available immediately to be occupied by the new Irish Free State Government.
Open: Open year round – Saturdays only. See website for opening hours.
Admission: Admission is free.
By Bus: Take bus numbers 7, 7A or 8
By Luas (tram): Take the Luas Green Line to Dawson
By Dart (rail): Take the Dart to Pearse Station